Author Topic: Eph 2:8-10  (Read 1187 times)

clark thompson

Eph 2:8-10
« on: December 29, 2013, 01:22:47 pm »
Ephesians 2:8-10

King James Version (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:8-10

New King James Version (NKJV)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

8 We are saved by grace, we can do nothing to earn it is free to us but, it did have a price that cost Christ His life. We could not earn salvation my any means ourselves if we could than Christ would not have came to die but He is the only way to receive grace.

9 Boasting often show pride coming to salvation should be humbling because there was no way we could come to Him but by Christ which we can because of grace. To many times people want to do something to gain credit and show focus on them but, we should always bring focus to Him because we can not earn our salvation but it is given to us to spread praise not about ourselves but of Him.

10 We can not work for salvation but because of salvation He works thru us. We will do works because of salvation because after we come to faith He will work thru us for the better purpose. The works He leads us to do not give us salvation but are done because of our salvation.

Better to be a servantof the King than to be a king in hell.

JB Horn

Re: Eph 2:8-10
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 02:04:27 pm »
Amen Br. Clark

All credit goes to Christ.

Fat

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 03:20:00 pm »
For by grace are ye saved through faith

And let's not forget where our faith comes from.
luke 17:5

It is also a gift from God.

Bob

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2013, 04:53:45 pm »
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Seems to me boasting is pretty much an outward expression of pride. Now isn't pride exactly what got Satan in trouble?

I think Paul was hinting that God put in place a system, or a path where we could receive our salvation without ever having to earn it. Doing this He is keeping us humble and away from the pitfall that Satan stumbled over.

Hal

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2019, 11:08:50 am »
I thank God everyday that Has gift to was a Gift and not reward for something that I could never earn.
I understand now why Calvinist are so humble and not boastful.