Bible Talk > Eschatology

Your kind of Rapture or not

(1/7) > >>

OlympicClimb12:
Ok there seems to be a division on End times Bible prophecy the most common Bible views that Christians often espouse. I don’t however want to expound on some of the most craziest End time view points I have seen at some other posting boards.. its because of these strange views I suddenly had stopped posting in the Bible prophecy section leaving the board altogether.. Apostasy is making its way onto many of these boards. Here I would like to stick with 4 of the main common mainstream Bible prophecy views. Each person will decide which of these fits them best..

1. A Pre Trib Rapture. These Christians Bellini in a literal 7 year tribulation. They believe before this period begins Christ will take the Church on an unknown hour. They will be raptured taken into the third Heaven. There they will wait for 7 years. When Christ returns they will come back with him to rule on the Earth for1000 years. Does this fit your view points? You pre trib? If so exaplin why with verses to support this.

2. Next is Mid Trib Rapture. . This group believes that either just before the Antichrist is revealed or immediately after he is revealed they will be Raptured or about 3 and a half years. They also believe during this time they will be in the third Heaven when the seals trumpets and bowls are happening on the Earth. They will return with Christ ruling with him. Does this belief describe your Biblical view points? Give explanations and scriptures as to why.

3. The third is Post Trib Rapture. This group believes Christians will go through the 7 year trib. Yet more technically the 3 and a half great trib. They will endure these things on Earth. They will see the coming Antichrist. They will see the seals trumpets and bowls. . They will be here till the end of the trib till Jesus returns a second time. Then they will be Raptured to meet Jesus and immediately come down with him.. Does this belief describe your Biblical view points? Give explanations and scriptures as to why.

4. Last one is Preterism. Preterism is a growing belief among Protestant Church. This teaching believes that after 3 and a half year Jesus had died that the 70 weeks of Daniel was fulfilled. That when Stephen was stoned to death was the fulfillment of the end of this Prophecy also begins. These Christians believe that Jerusalem is the great Harlot in Rev.17 from 66 to 70 Ad. They say Matthew 24 is the abomination Nero who is also the Beast in Revelation.  They say he is commonly called the Beast. That all Rev from 1 Ad to 70 AD the destruction of the temple can be explained in the symbolic evidence of John's visions. So now they only believe the second resurrection and the final judgment is the only thing to look forward. They don’t believe in a great trib. They don’t believe in a future antichrist. They believe it all happened in 70 AD..

Does this describe your belief of the Bible and why and what scriptures to support these views? Later on I will share my Bible Prophecy view points. Since I am a new member I think it is fair to ask others first how they feel about God’s clock and the timing of these things.Let's see where we go from here.

Zant Law:
2 Thessalonians 2.7  For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work ; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.

Will the Holy Ghost be removed from the Church and leave it unprotected?

Fat:
I can go pre-trib or mid-trib. But post-trib is un-Biblical.

OlympicClimb12:
For now I am just going to say that for years I used to be Pre Trib rapture. . I followed Tim La Hayes and other books. That including John Hagees coming of the Antichrist.

Several years ago I questioned my belief. . Is this Pre trib Rapture really true? I searched the scriptures from chapter to chapter. I did not find a Pre trib Rapture using context way of study. . I came to found a large number of Christians were also once Pre trib and became Post trib just like I did using this method of study. . The deal is Pre trib is much believed because it seems like the most safe answer. Everyone wants to feel safe.. It once did sound logical. I used to defend Pre trib.

Today I share Post trib to make others ready. . If they think they will be gone for what reason is for them to get prepared for anything? Do you know the Devil does not want Christians to be on guard? The best way to attack your enemy is by surprise.. The Antichrist does not want Christians to know they will be here. If they did they would be warning their friends.

Instead many of these Christians go to Church thinking they will leave their friends behind. Planes crashing, Helicopters crashing, cars crashing, you believe this is what is going to ignite the beginning of the trib? That is Tim LaHayes version and movies. But that is not the way things are going to happen.
You look for a secret Rapture but not looking for these events coming up in the future. . They keep telling you you're not going to be here. You will be safe in Heaven.. The antichrist does not want a bunch of whistle blowers. . What if Christians believe they would be gone? Fine if they can believe that they don’t need to blow the whistle on the antichrist in the future. . They will say not me. I don’t have to worry. Those non believers will stay here. If that is what you believe. There is more in store.

I will share more about Post Trib Rapture why it is Biblical. Once I thought post trib was impossible to to happen. . Today I believe it is most likely what is going to happen. . If Christians actually are gone 7 years before the trib I am going to be surprised. Because in scripture I can't find Pre trib Rapture.At least not the way I study today..

My first evidence to support Post Trib Rapture in Matthew 24. I don’t see in the Olivet Discourse Jesus talking about a Rapture that occurs before any mentioning of the abomination of Desolation in Judea. . While it is perhaps a synopsis view of the signs of the end of the age Jesus would not skip this important event. . This is where I begin.. I never knew 16years later I would be challenging John Hagees End time Prophecy view.. Even as 10 years from now I don’t know what will be happening. . Need to take every thing day by day. Step by step. . That's how we ought to study.

Fat:
1) One problem that you have with the Post-trib rapture is that everyone will know the day it is going to happen. Why? First because you will be able to count from the time the two witnesses appear. At that day you will know you will have 3 1/2 years left of the tribulation and then comes the day of our Lord.

1 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod. And the angel stood, saying, "Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 2 But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months. 3 And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth." 4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands standing before the God of the earth. 5 And if anyone wants to harm them, fire proceeds from their mouth and devours their enemies. And if anyone wants to harm them, he must be killed in this manner. 6 These have power to shut heaven, so that no rain falls in the days of their prophecy; and they have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to strike the earth with all plagues, as often as they desire.
7 Now when they finish their testimony, the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit will make war against them, overcome them, and kill them.

Notice that area of the temple will be treaded on by the Gentiles for 42 months. Also for one thousand two hundred and sixty days (42 months) God raises up two witnesses to prophecy.

2) Second exactly half way into Daniel’s 70th week, at the 3 ½ year mark, the Antichrist will walk into the rebuilt temple, in Jerusalem, on the Temple Mount and proclaim himself God. ( Dan 9:27, Dan 11:31, Mt 24: 15 )

Only believers will be looking for Christ to return. At the 3 1/2 year point of the tribulation any believers would know that they were at the halfway point and that there was only 1260 days until the return of Christ to rule over the earth. For these believers to remain on earth counting down the 1260 days would not hold up to biblical prophecy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version