Author Topic: Mormonism Disproved in less than 3 minutes!  (Read 3648 times)

JB Horn

Mormonism Disproved in less than 3 minutes!
« on: March 12, 2012, 07:03:50 pm »

Mormonism Disproved in less than 3 minutes!

I know nothing about this videos accuracy but I would like to read the Mormon respounce.

Fat

Re: Mormonism Disproved in less than 3 minutes!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 09:49:49 am »
JB
I have seen this argument before but never seen a rebuttal to it. If I was going to disprove Mormonism I would use the prophecies of Smith, much easer for a person to understand and you need no expertise other than a Bible.

JB Horn

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:25:35 am »
JB
I have seen this argument before but never seen a rebuttal to it. If I was going to disprove Mormonism I would use the prophecies of Smith, much easer for a person to understand and you need no expertise other than a Bible.

I agree, no argument but I would like to hear their side of this. Just curious .

VCO

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 07:59:01 pm »
Maybe some have seen this info before, but it is documented in a Mormon History book, that Joseph Smith's own mother publicly made a statement that seriously points to Joseph Smith actually being the author of the Book of Mormon:

Now concerning Joseph Smith's Book of Mormon, I will Quote the History of Joseph Smith, 1979 ed., pg. 83, so you can look this up. There you will find your own Mormon history book quoting Joseph Smith's own Mother:

Speaking of conversation occurring between 1820 and 1824, she said, "Joseph would occasionally give us some of the most amusing recitals that could be imagined. He would describe the ancient inhabitants of this continent, their dress, mode of traveling, and the animals upon which they rode; their cities, their buildings, with every particular, their mode of warefare; and also their religious worship. This he would do with as much ease, seemingly, as if he had spent his whole life among them."

Now remember Joseph Smith claims he received the golden plates in 1827 and claimed he translated them in 1829, which is five years after his own Mother bragged about the made up stories Joseph would entertain them with, and the same kind of stories end up in the Book of Mormon. Now who do you suppose the real author of the Book of Mormon is?

VCO

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 08:00:19 pm »
I was quoting myself there, from a discussion on TOPIX Forum.

Fat

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 04:50:10 am »
That's something I've not heard before. Thanks.

philer

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 05:35:40 pm »
The book of mormon is easier to debunk. The book of mormon is supposed to be a translation from another source , translated by joseph smith, unfortunately the book of mormon contains the same textual error  others contain ,HOLY GHOST instead of holy spirit .