Author Topic: His Name Shall Be Called Wonderful, Counsellor  (Read 889 times)

biblebuf

His Name Shall Be Called Wonderful, Counsellor
« on: November 01, 2017, 11:58:20 pm »
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (Isa. 9:6 )

The Spirit of the LORD will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the LORD. (Isa 11:2, 3 )

Doth not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice? Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man. O ye simple, understand wisdom: and ye fools, be ye of an understanding heart. Hear; for I will speak of excellent things; and the opening of my lips shall be right things. Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength. (Prov. 8:1, 4-6, 14 )

O LORD, thou art my God; I will exalt thee, I will praise thy name; for thou hast done wonderful things; thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. (Isa 25:1)

This also cometh forth from the LORD of hosts, which is wonderful in counsel, and excellent in working. (Isa. 28:29 )

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: (Eph 1:11)

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. (Jas. 1:5 )

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Prov. 3:5, 6 )

Great in counsel, and mighty in work: for thine eyes are open upon all the ways of the sons of men: to give every one according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings: (Jer 32:19)

Fat

Re: His Name Shall Be Called Wonderful, Counsellor
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 12:04:28 am »
On the other hand:
Micah 4:12 "But they do not know the thoughts of the LORD, And they do not understand His purpose; For He has gathered them like sheaves to the threshing floor.

biblebuf

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 12:13:26 am »
On the other hand:
Micah 4:12 "But they do not know the thoughts of the LORD, And they do not understand His purpose; For He has gathered them like sheaves to the threshing floor.

Fat

Micah was before we received the Teacher, we now have the Spirit of the Lord within.

John 14:26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.

cwinn

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 04:35:20 pm »
Romans 6:23:

"The wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord."

Revelation 21:3,4