Author Topic: Give thee A Covenant of the People !  (Read 12562 times)

savedbymercy

Re: The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2012, 09:10:37 am »
Do you believe that the elect is reconciled to God even before the repentance?

Yes, the Elect are reconciled to God by the Death of His Son,m while they are enemies. Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

macuser

Re: The Atonement: What did it REALLY Accomplish?
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2012, 10:09:59 am »
Yes, the Elect are reconciled to God by the Death of His Son,m while they are enemies. Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

So you're saying that being reconciliation is is separate from salvation? Notice the word shall as in future.

What is your take on the meaning of John 3:3 NAS ?
Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

savedbymercy

Re: Give thee A Covenant of the People !
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2012, 11:39:07 am »
mac

So you're saying that being reconciliation is is separate from salvation?

I am not saying nothing, but only witnessing to the Truth, you either believe it or not. Now does not Rom 5:10 teach that the elect are reconciled to God by Christ's Death even while they are enemies or not !

macuser

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2012, 12:03:47 pm »
mac

I am not saying nothing, but only witnessing to the Truth, you either believe it or not. Now does not Rom 5:10 teach that the elect are reconciled to God by Christ's Death even while they are enemies or not !

What it says is, "For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

This is an Apologetics forum. So do you believe that we are reconciled with God without being saved? It's a simple question that only needs a yes or no answer.

Now it would help me and may be save many souls if your could work in John 3:3 into your explanation of salvation and reconciliation.

savedbymercy

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2012, 07:12:07 am »
mac

What it says is, "For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

I know that is what it says, I posted it remember ? Now do you believe it ? Those Christ died for are reconciled to God, by Christ's death, while in themselves being enemies. Do you believe that ? If not then show us why not !

macuser

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2012, 09:51:57 am »
mac

I know that is what it says, I posted it remember ? Now do you believe it ? Those Christ died for are reconciled to God, by Christ's death, while in themselves being enemies. Do you believe that ? If not then show us why not !

Yes you know what it says but do you know what it means.

You obviously don't know what the word apologetics means.

Now you posted the verse and I asked you a question about the verse and you challenge my believe in God's word, when you are not capable explaining two little words of your posted text.

Let me help you out.

Sozo was the word used for saved in your verse it translates ensure salvation 

Katallasso was the word used for reconciled in your verse it translates return to favor.

I am assuming that you know what the word SHALL means.

Now that I did your work for you and hopefully educated you to the meaning of the truth please take 5 seconds and answer my question.
Do you believe that we are reconciled with God without being saved? It's a simple question that only needs a yes or no answer.

Or just maybe you don't believe the Word of God.

we shall be saved by his life

savedbymercy

« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2012, 11:41:13 am »
marc

Yes you know what it says but do you know what it means.

Do you agree or not that the Elect are reconciled to God by the Death of His Son, ,while they are enemies or Not ! Rom 5:10

Now if you do not want to address this, then you have noi business asking questions. I just answered a question of yours when I posted my response with this verse. Now do you believe it or not ? And Why. I am defending my point, now what can you do ?

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 12:19:26 pm »
savedbymercy

You have been asked to defend your faith by addressing a question about scripture you chose to make your claim of truth.

It is not the role of the rest of the members of this board to justify your belief, it is your role.

Please clarify your belief.

Dude

Fat

« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2012, 12:57:59 pm »
savedbymercy

You have been asked to defend your faith by addressing a question about scripture you chose to make your claim of truth.

It is not the role of the rest of the members of this board to justify your belief, it is your role.

Please clarify your belief.

Dude

Remember we had a guy here that tried to make the case that salvation came before repentance? I think this is the same kind of claim but he/she slipped up in choise of verses.

These kind of claims deny the need for the work of the Holy Spirit.
IMHO

Hal

« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2012, 07:57:41 pm »
Remember we had a guy here that tried to make the case that salvation came before repentance? I think this is the same kind of claim but he/she slipped up in choise of verses.

IMHO
I think you have him wrong, it's a writing style he uses. He writes as if everything that is ordained to happen has happen. If you read it that way it makes sense.

savedbymercy

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2012, 05:12:53 pm »

IMHO

Do you agree or not that the Elect are reconciled to God by the Death of His Son, ,while they are enemies or Not ! Rom 5:10

Answer this question here. For I quoted this in response to a question to me. I am not the only one answering questions and defending, you and all others must be willing to defen your position and answer questionbs as well !

Now, I was asked this earlier

Do you believe that the elect is reconciled to God even before the repentance?

I responded with Rom 5:10. Now its time for you and others to answer my question, if not then just ban me, you and no one else is better than I am . Now if you do not want to answer it, just say so !

Fat

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2012, 01:05:35 am »

Answer this question here. For I quoted this in response to a question to me. I am not the only one answering questions and defending, you and all others must be willing to defen your position and answer questionbs as well !

I responded with Rom 5:10. Now its time for you and others to answer my question, if not then just ban me, you and no one else is better than I am . Now if you do not want to answer it, just say so !

You argument was with Mac but I'll gladly step in.

Quick recap
Quote from: savedbymercy
Rom 5:11

11And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

The Atonement of Christ has reconciled the elect world to God. It secured and ensured for it [ the elect world] every spiritual blessing needed to live unto God and for His Glory through Jesus christ.

Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God, it will now be a matter of time for it to be manifested.

The atonement accomplished the complete salvation for all whom it was offered for, that is the death of christ. It provides them Faith, repentance, sanctification, redemption, and every needful spiritual blessing to convert them to God, and remain secured forever.

Now Mac asked you a simple question.

Quote from: Mac
Do you believe that the elect is reconciled to God even before their repentance?

You responded by posting Rom 5:10. Trouble is Rom 5:10 has nothing to do with the question Mac asked you except to refute your post.

Mac asked you to consider John 3:3 in your answer because you brought in Rom 5:10 which uses the phrase,  shall be saved by his life. This causes major problems with your statement:
Even before the elect are born into this world as sinners, they have already [by the blood of Christ] been reconciled to God.
If you consider being reconciled to God to be the same as saved then you have major problems, if not then then there would be no argument. You have dodged Mac's question repeatedly by answering with a question that has nothing to do with what he asked you.

I will answer you question by saying that I do not believe that the Elect were given their salvation before they were born.

I give you the following Scripture to support my belief.

Rom 5:10
 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

John 3:3
Jesus answered and said to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."

acts 16:
29 And he called for lights and rushed in, and trembling with fear he fell down before Paul and Silas, 30 and after he brought them out, he said, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved ?"
31 They said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household."

Now are all the Elect going to be drawn to salvation? Yes John 6:45 "It is written in the prophets, 'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.

Now my friend I am not going to play the childish game you tried with Mac, you either believe that the Elect are saved before they are born or not, which is it?

biblebuf

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2012, 08:18:48 am »

This is really funny if you go to the Bible Study Forum topic (
Who also maketh intercession for us.
http://biblediscussion.org/index.php/topic,204.msg662.html#msg662 ) you can see savedbymercy responding when a bible verse is used to answer a question. Note that we were not in Apologetics but Bible Study.

BB

savedbymercy

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2012, 04:40:59 pm »
fat

You argument was with Mac but I'll gladly step in.

Good. Please

Now Mac asked you a simple question.

Do you believe that the elect is reconciled to God even before their repentance?

Yes, and my answer was Yes, in that God is reconciled to His Elect, by the Death of His Son, WHILE THEY ARE Enemies !

While the Elect are enemies, they have not yet repented .

Now, I ask you ! Does not Rom 5:10 teach that those Christ died for have been [past tense] reconciled to God, while they are enemies . That means of course enemies in their minds as Per Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Fat

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2012, 05:14:51 pm »
fat

Good. Please

Yes, and my answer was Yes, in that God is reconciled to His Elect, by the Death of His Son, WHILE THEY ARE Enemies !

While the Elect are enemies, they have not yet repented .

Now, I ask you ! Does not Rom 5:10 teach that those Christ died for have been [past tense] reconciled to God, while they are enemies . That means of course enemies in their minds as Per Col 1:21

And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

I am going to make an assumption here so please correct me if I am off. You believe that the Elect are reconciled with God before they are born at the Cross, but being that they have not yet repented they are not born again or as it is commonly called saved, is this correct?

If this assumption is correct my answer is yes if I am incorrect my answer is no.