Bible Talk > General

Can a mon-believer lead others to Christ?

(1/7) > >>

JB Horn:
The question has arised, can a non Christian be used by the Holy Spirit to lead others to Christ?

biblebuf:

--- Quote from: JB Horn on July 15, 2013, 05:28:12 pm ---The question has arised, can a non Christian be used by the Holy Spirit to lead others to Christ?

--- End quote ---

Mark 9:38 John said to Him, "Teacher, we saw someone casting out demons in Your name, and we tried to prevent him because he was not following us." 39 But Jesus said, "Do not hinder him, for there is no one who will perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me.

Matthew 7:22
"Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles ?'

calluna:

--- Quote from: JB Horn on July 15, 2013, 05:28:12 pm ---The question has arised, can a non Christian be used by the Holy Spirit to lead others to Christ?

--- End quote ---

Since evangelicalism began in the 18th century, non-Christians frequently bought people to Christ, in order to institutionalise them, and therefore neutralise them, immediately thereafter. Their converts usually 'died' due to lack of proper feeding, lack of love by shepherds whose interest was only in themselves. The Holy Spirit was certainly not in those preachers, who often became household names. They may rather have been demon-possessed.

JB Horn:

--- Quote from: calluna on July 16, 2013, 07:14:03 am ---Since evangelicalism began in the 18th century, non-Christians frequently bought people to Christ, in order to institutionalise them, and therefore neutralise them, immediately thereafter. Their converts usually 'died' due to lack of proper feeding, lack of love by shepherds whose interest was only in themselves. The Holy Spirit was certainly not in those preachers, who often became household names. They may rather have been demon-possessed.

--- End quote ---

True the Holy Spirit was not or is not in them.

But the question:
--- Quote ---The question has arisen, can a non Christian be used by the Holy Spirit to lead others to Christ?
--- End quote ---

Is the earthly state of those saved important when we are talking eternity?

Luke 15:7 I tell you, in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous people who don't need repentance.
Luke 15:10 Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is among you, a warrior who saves. He will rejoice over you with gladness. He will bring [you] quietness with His love. He will delight in you with shouts of joy."

calluna:

--- Quote from: JB Horn on July 16, 2013, 08:43:50 am ---True the Holy Spirit was not or is not in them.

But the question:
Is the earthly state of those saved important when we are talking eternity?
--- End quote ---

Yes, of course it's important. But how many are actually justified when they die? Or are many, like the people whom James addressed, merely going through the motions? And is a group of nominalist 'Christians' not a wonderful gain for Satan? How many have been persuaded that Christ is useless by apparently devout but actually useless 'Christians' who show no fruits of the Spirit? Or at least, given an excuse not to believe? There has been dark method in evangelisation by false apostles.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version