Author Topic: Jude 1:14-15  (Read 686 times)

clark thompson

Jude 1:14-15
« on: September 08, 2013, 06:53:48 pm »

King James Version (KJV)

14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

New King James Version (NKJV)

14 Now Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about these men also, saying, “Behold, the Lord comes with ten thousands of His saints, 15 to execute judgment on all, to convict all who are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have committed in an ungodly way, and of all the harsh things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him.”

New King James Version (NKJV)
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

14 In the book of Genesis, we only know a few things about Enoch. Enoch was righteous and walked with God and God took him to heaven without him ever dyeing. We learn from here that Enoch was a prophet. He would have prophesized about the coming flood. This may have been a prophecy that has not yet been fulfilled or could have been fulfilled in his day. This will happen when the Lord returns to fight the evils with the word of His mouth.

15 God will judge all much like He did at the time of the flood. The Lord will judge people at the end of days. Now Enoch would have warned people about the coming judgment thru the flood.

Better to be a servant o the King than to be a king in hell.

Zant Law

• ZLaw
Re: Jude 1:14-15
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 11:13:22 pm »
I think this is referring to the second coming of Christ. I don't recall saints involved in the flood judgement, but there will be in the second coming.

clark thompson

Re: Jude 1:14-15
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 01:18:30 pm »
I think the bible here is comparing the flood to the last days.