Bible Talk > Bible Study

'SALVATION'

<< < (3/6) > >>

fredjames:
From Matthew chapter 5 onward, JESUS was teaching the New Covenant 'law of faith' to those who have been baptized, and now believe in Him and followed him. And He said to them toward,

Matthew 7:

24. "Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
25. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.
26. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
27. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against the house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it."

And,

John 8:

31. So JESUS said to the Jews who had believed in Him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples,
32. and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

And too,

John 15:

1. "I am the true vine, and my FATHER is the vinedresser.
2. Every branch of mine that does not bear fruit HE takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit HE prunes, that it may bear more fruit.
3. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you.
4. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
5. I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever abides in Me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
6. If anyone does not abide in Me he is thrown away like a branch and withers, and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned.
7. If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
8. By this My FATHER is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be My disciples.
9. As the FATHER has love Me, so have I loved you. Abide in My love.
10. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My FATHER's commandments and abide in HIS love.
11. These things I have spoken to you, that My joy my be in you, and that your joy may be full.
12. This is my commandment that you love one another as I have loved you.
13. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lays down his life for His friends.
14. You are My friends if you do what I command you.
15. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not now what his Master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from My FATHER I have made known to you.
16. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the FATHER in My name HE may give it to you.
17. These things I command you, so that you will love one another.

fredjames:
John 12:

44. And JESUS cried out and said, "Whoever believes in Me, believes not in Me but in HIM who sent Me.
45. And whoever sees Me sees HIM who sent Me.
46. I have come into the world as Light, so that whoever believes in Me may not remain in darkness.
47. If anyone hears My words and does not keep them, I do not judge him, for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.
48. The one who rejects Me and does not receive My words has a judge, the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.
49. For I have not spoken on my own authority, but the FATHER who sent Me has HIMSELF given Me a commandment - what to say and what to speak.
50. And I know that HIS commandment is eternal life. What I say therefore, I say as the FATHER told Me."

fredjames:
John 14:

15. "If you love Me, you will keep My commandments.
16. And I will ask the FATHER, and HE will give you another Helper to be with you forever,
17. even the SPIRIT of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees HIM nor knows HIM. You will know Him for He dwells with you and will be in you.
18. "I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you also will live.
20. In that day you will know that I am in My FATHER, and you in Me, and I in you.
21. Whoever has My commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My FATHER, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."
22. Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, "Lord, how is it that You will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?"
23. JESUS answered, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My FATHER will love him, and WE will come to him and make our home with him.
24. Whoever does not love Me does not keep My words. And the word that you hear is not Mine but the FATHER's who sent Me.

fredjames:
John 6:

60. When many of His disciples heard it, they said, "This is a hard saying, who can listen to it?"
61. But JESUS, knowing in Himself that His disciples were grumbling about this, said to them, "Do you take offense at this?
62. Then what if I you were to see the Son of Man ascending to where He was before?
63. It is the SPIRIT who gives life, the flesh is of no avail. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
64. But there are some of you who do not believe." (For JESUS knew from the beginning who those were who did not believe, and who it was who betray Him.)
65. And He said, "That is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless it is granted him by the FATHER."
66. After this many of His disciples turned back and no longer walked with Him.
67. So JESUS said to the twelve, "Do you want to go away as well?"
68. Simon Peter answered Him, "LORD, to whom shall we go? You have the words of Eternal Life,
69. and we have believed, and have come to know, that You are the Holy One of GOD."
70. JESUS answered, "Did I not chose you, the Twelve? And yet one of you is a devil."
71. He spoke of Judas the son of Simon Iscariot, for he, one of the Twelve, was going to betray Him.

fredjames:
Matthew 28:

19. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the FATHER and of the SON and of the HOLY SPIRIT,
20. teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."

Since JESUS had chose the Twelve and made them disciples through His teaching/word Himself, beginning from Matthew chapter 5 onward to Revelation, therefore He commissions them as Apostles make likewise disciples of 'all nations', consisting of scattered Jews and Gentiles alike. Mark and Luke were part of their 'fruit', among the churches, with the help of CHRIST JESUS and the HOLY SPIRIT in them. As disciples themselves, Mark and Luke likewise gave the other two testament of the Gospel, which began from Jerusalem by JESUS.

Therefore from the making disciples of all nations from that day forward, to the establishment of churches, even ones through the HOLY BIBLE today likewise, are to 'do' and 'abide' in the teaching of LORD JESUS CHRIST in the New Testament.

2 Timothy 3:

16. All Scripture is breathed out by GOD and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,
17. that the man of GOD may be competent, equipped for every good work.

1 John 2:

26. I write these things to you about those who are trying to deceive you.
27. But the anointing that you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you. But as His anointing teaches you about everything - and is true and is no lie, just as it has taught you - abide in Him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version