Bible Talk > Bible Study

'SALVATION'

<< < (2/6) > >>

fredjames:
Ephesians 3:

1. For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner for CHRIST JESUS on behalf of you Gentiles -
2. assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of GOD's grace that was given to me for you,
3. how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as i have written briefly.
4. When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of CHRIST,
5. which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to His holy Apostles and Prophets by the SPIRIT.
6. This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in CHRIST JESUS through the Gospel.
7. Of this Gospel I was made a minster according to the gift of GOD's grace, which was given me by the working of His power.
8. To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of CHRIST,
9. and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in GOD who created all things,
10. so that through the church the manifold wisdom of GOD might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the Heavenly places.
11. This was according to the Eternal purpose that HE has realized in CHRIST JESUS our LORD, in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in Him.
12. So I ask you not to lose heart over what I am suffering for you, which is your glory.

fredjames:
Therefore, no one is justified by their works in order to receive or be paid in wages, Salvation. Therefore henceforth they may 'see' or 'enter' the Kingdom of GOD in eligibility, and able to boast in testimony......

Romans 3:

9. What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin,
0. as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one;
11. no one understands; no one seeks for GOD.
12. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one."
13. "Their throat is an open grave; They use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips."
14. "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."
15. "Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16. in their path are ruin and misery,
17. and the way of peace they have not known."
18. "There is no fear of GOD before their eyes."
19. Now we know that whatever the Law says it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to GOD.
20. For by the works of the Law no human being will be justified in HIS sight, since through the Law comes knowledge of sin.

fredjames:

--- Quote from: fredjames on January 31, 2018, 11:40:58 pm ---19. Now we know that whatever the Law says it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to GOD.
20. For by the works of the Law no human being will be justified in HIS sight, since through the Law comes knowledge of sin.

--- End quote ---

Therefore the above is talking about 'unbelievers' (as we were in the past like them as Gentiles). The Jews (circumcised) on the other hand, have the Law of Moses and Prophets. And while the Greeks, likewise as referred to Gentiles (the uncircumcised), the non-Jews, show that the work of the Law, as quite similar of the Jews, is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bear witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them.

Romans 2:

12. For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judge by the Law.
13. For it is not the hearers of the Law who are righteous before GOD, but the doers of the Law who will be justified.
14. For when Gentiles, who do not have the Law, by nature do what the Law requires. they are a Law to themselves, even though they do not have the Law.
15. They show that the work of the Law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bear witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them
16. on that day when, according to my gospel, GOD judges the secrets of men by CHRIST JESUS.

And so, by this we perceive that the 'unbelievers', the Jews and Gentiles likewise (those who have not been born again and from above, and through the Gospel by faith in CHRIST JESUS our LORD), initially have the Law to themselves, as their 'custodian'. Therefore by the works of these Law's requirements in righteousness doing, one is not justified before GOD.

fredjames:
So, since the beginning and according to the Gospel, from the preaching of John the Baptist for the baptism of repentance and confession of all sins. And henceforth, from the teaching of JESUS of Nazareth with the Jews first from Israel (and then from them, a remnant chosen by grace, who forwarded them to the Gentiles of all nation, kindred and tongue, and made disciples of them), beginning from Matthew chapter 5, His sermon of the Word to the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT, and Fire on the day of Pentecost. There is no man, the Jews first (and then the Gentiles), are justified by their good works to receive Salvation.

It is merely by the Grace of GOD and the gift of GOD to man, that is by grace and through faith, they have come to 'see' and 'enter' the Kingdom of GOD, and believe in CHRIST JESUS of Nazareth, the SON of GOD, who came to take away the sins of the world. Until when and then, the price is paid on Calvary, the CHRIST proclaiming it as 'accomplished', and finally to the shedding of 'blood' and 'water', still they were not justified by works.

Until when the SON was 'resurrected' from the dead, prior to have disciple them since chosen and from the beginning, He now gives them the commission. Wherefore, through His similar teaching and good works consigned in them, they are to continue with, in the Acts of the Apostles with the abiding churches. And establish the same as well in wisdom, to further instructions through their 'epistles' to the churches repeatedly, and likewise consigned of good works too. Especially from many others, one in particular, where the act of good works towards one's brethren....

Therefore, there are good works commissioned by CHRIST JESUS our LORD after His resurrection and before His ascension. And too instructions through His Apostles in their epistles, consigned to the churches for order and oneness, who the Apostles built them up with Him and the HOLY SPIRIT, as they lay down their lives for the Kingdom of GOD and for us, with their MASTER as unworthy servants.

fredjames:
James 2:

14. What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him?
15. If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food,
16. and one of you says to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that?
17. So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18. But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you faith by my works.
19. You believe that GOD is one, you do well. Even the demons believe - and shudder!
20. Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?
21. Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the alter?
22. You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works, and faith was completed by his works;
23. and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed GOD, and it was counted to him as righteousness" - and he was called a friend of GOD.
24. You see a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.
25. And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she receive the messengers and sent them out by another way?
26. For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version