Bible Talk > Bible Study

(Gen 6:1-4) Sons of God, Daughters of Man and Giants

(1/3) > >>

admin:

Gen 6, Sons of God, Daughters of Man and Giants

pilgrim:
Hello whoever;

I was just listening to the Brother on the passage in Gen. 6 about the mixing of the sons of God and the daughters of men.

Since I have a different view of the passage, for the benefit of the readers in having a different belief I will give my understanding of it.

In looking at the name of the sons of God, the word “son” is the Hebrew word “ben,” simply meaning “offspring.” I do believe the sons of God were angels who as peter said: God: “spared not the angels who sinned” (2 Pet. 2:4). By the fact that Peter mentioned these before he mention Noah seems to indicate the time that the angels sinned.

Of these angels Jude seems to address the same ones Peter spoke of. He said:

And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day; as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire (Jude 6-7).

In tracing back the genealogy of man to Adam, Besides Adam, the only ones called the Sons of God were angels. They were angels and spoken of as sons of God especially in the book of Job.

Adam died the day he sinned and with his offspring was no longer the son of God. That was what the Lord spoke of to Nicodemus in Jo. 3 about; being born back into the family of God from above.

Nowhere before the flood was different races mentioned. As to differences in the physical anatomy of the offspring of the descendants of Seth and Cain, nothing is ever mentioned. In which case the question must be asked, how could the mating of the children of Seth and Cain produce a race of giants, and why would it be thought that none of them could or would be saved? We have believers today and non-believers marrying and some of their children become believers.

As to angels not being able to reproduce, nothing can be found in the Scriptures saying that. The Lord said that there would be no marrying or giving in marriage in heaven, but nothing about angels not being able to have sexual relation is mentioned. Also, the Lord’s words were not in the New Testament. Also the New Testament begins with the Book of Acts not Matthew.

It was said that angels could not suffer physical punishment but according to Jude 6-7 says they can; so can the offspring of angels and women; the Nephilim’s (fallen, or mighty ones) reproduce as hybrids and are still with us.

The angels in Jude are likened to Sodom and Gomorrah in their sexual perversions and “…kept not their first estate, nor their proper domain” and having gone after strange (different; that of women) flesh.

As to all in the ark being believers, It is said that all the Israelites were baptized into Moses and all drank of that Spiritual Rock that followed them which was Christ but not all made it to the promised land. I don’t believe we can refer to those in the ark as believers like we can today. Today believers are understood to mean born from above by the Holy Spirit and reborn into the family of God which with the exception of Adam could not be said of those in the ark or before or after the flood.

I hope and pray (yes I do) that in my posts I have perhaps at time enlightened but not confused anyone. Since I have not received many rebuttal’s, and many have read them I take it that what I have said has been appreciated by some. Whatever, I would like to hear from you so I will know whether I should continue or not.

In His grace

Pilgrim

PS, I have posted a study of the rapture but it was rejected because it was said there were too many words. The limit of 20000 was specified so I reduced the post to less than 18.500 but have so far been denied posting it.

Would someone please explain? Have I been shut out?

admin:

--- Quote ---PS, I have posted a study of the rapture but it was rejected because it was said there were too many words. The limit of 20000 was specified so I reduced the post to less than 18.500 but have so far been denied posting it.

Would someone please explain? Have I been shut out?
--- End quote ---

I don't know what to tell you here my friend. The limit is set for 20000 and has been every since the board was put up. You could post half of it and then post the second half using the reply button and call it part 2.

Peace.
Admindude

admin:

--- Quote from: pilgrim ---Nowhere before the flood was different races mentioned. As to differences in the physical anatomy of the offspring of the descendants of Seth and Cain, nothing is ever mentioned. In which case the question must be asked, how could the mating of the children of Seth and Cain produce a race of giants, and why would it be thought that none of them could or would be saved? We have believers today and non-believers marrying and some of their children become believers.

--- End quote ---

This is a theory on who the sons of God and the daughters of men were being referenced too in Gen 6.
Let me ask you this, why would God want to destroy mankind for what Satan's angels did? And would flooding the Earth have any effect on angelic spirits?

--- Quote ---How could the mating of the children of Seth and Cain?
--- End quote ---
There are now 4 races in the world. Where did they come from? Were there always Pygmies?

In Christ
AD

pilgrim:

Thanks AD for your response.

As to my conclusions being a theory, I didn’t think I was giving a theory. I think Peter and Jude were rather clear about who they were talking about when they said angels had gone after different flesh (that of women) in contrast to flesh of angels. If they were not addressing Gen. 6, then their remarks doesn’t fit anywhere.

You say:

--- Quote ---"Let me ask you this, why would God want to destroy mankind for what Satan's angels did? And would flooding the Earth have any effect on angelic spirits?"
--- End quote ---

He did not destroy because of what angels did. It was their offspring, the Nephilim’s who so corrupted mankind that God destroyed them all with the exception of 8 in the ark. As to the flood affecting angels, I never said anything about such. I did show where they are confined in Hell and being punished for their sins (Jude 6).

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---
“There were giants on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. Then the LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually” (Gen. 6:4-5).
--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

Here we can plainly see the corruption of the entire race. The wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intent of the thoughts of his heart was only evil.”

So it seems pretty clear that God destroyed the earth because of what man was doing, not angels. The earth belongs to man, not angels. Without exception, every thing they thought and intended to do was evil, and it seems as though it is about that way again.

When the Lord spoke of what it would be like when He returns He said: “"But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be” (Matt. 24:37). We should not wonder that it seems that there is no simple logic anymore. We have lost the ability to reason about the simplest things and arrive at a simple conclusion. It is as if with few exceptions the whole world has gone insane.

Concerning your remark: “There are now 4 races in the world. Where did they come from? Were there always Pygmies”?

Since I am not an anthropologist and the Bible doe’s not say, I have no idea of where or how the Pygmies came about.

Thanks again AD, I hope I have cleared up my remarks.

In His grace

pilgrim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version