Author Topic: Who is responsible for Jesus's crucifixion?  (Read 6218 times)

Fat

Who is responsible for Jesus's crucifixion?
« on: April 10, 2011, 11:03:00 pm »

I saw that one of the TV stations is going to run the movie, "The Passion of the Christ" over Easter. I remembered all the controversy when the movie came out. The Jews claimed that the movie cast them as murders of Christ and believed that the movie would insight violence against Jews.

When then the all the insults were being thrown around I wanted to get in front of the TV cameras and tell them all the truth about who crucified Christ. It was me, for it was because of my sins He was crucified.

Proa42

Re: Who is responsible for Jesus's crucifixion?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 08:17:32 am »
No, it was because of me.

Christopher_John

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 01:24:10 pm »
Well on a less "philisophical" point I would basically add it was both Jew and Gentile...the Jews pushed for His crucifixion but it came at the hands of the Gentiles...Romans.  It happened as God planned for this reason:

One in Christ
Ephesians 2:11-22
One in Christ
 11 Therefore, remember that formerly you who are Gentiles by birth and called “uncircumcised” by those who call themselves “the circumcision” (that done in the body by the hands of men)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, excluded from citizenship in Israel and foreigners to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God’s people and members of God’s household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21 In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

The dividing line between Jew and Gentile allowed for all mankind to become one under Christ.

In Christ
C.J.

Fat

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 10:18:28 am »
Hi Chris,

The truth is that it was a voluntary sacrifice just as Isaac and Abraham.

The text says "For God loved the world in this way: He gave His One and Only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.

If it was not voluntary then it was murder. I don't believe we were saved by the results of a sin.

BloodChooser

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2012, 07:06:09 pm »
Actually,it was voluntary and murder:  on behalf of God, it was voluntary.  ON behalf of those who took part in killing Him, they had murderous hearts. 

ewq1938

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 03:40:50 am »
Matthew 26:59 Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;

John 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

John 7:1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.

Fat

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 09:10:40 am »
Matthew 26:59 Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;

John 5:16 And therefore did the Jews persecute Jesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day.

John 7:1 After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.

Hello ewq1938,

The truth of the matter is that I am responsible for His Crucifixion.

Hebrews 9:22

Hebrews 10:10

Colossians 1:22

Galatians 3:22

Ephesians 2:8-9

ewq1938

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 01:54:45 pm »
You or I are no more directly responsible than the Roman soldiers that put the nails through his body. God created this world, including the unavoidable way of sin and he planned that his Son would be sacrificed from the beginning as well.

God himself records that the Jews were responsible but God also decided that is who would be same that Judas would be the betrayer. God has decided all these things.

Hello ewq1938,

The truth of the matter is that I am responsible for His Crucifixion.

Hebrews 9:22

Hebrews 10:10

Colossians 1:22

Galatians 3:22

Ephesians 2:8-9

Fat

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 11:24:48 pm »
You or I are no more directly responsible than the Roman soldiers that put the nails through his body. God created this world, including the unavoidable way of sin and he planned that his Son would be sacrificed from the beginning as well.

God himself records that the Jews were responsible but God also decided that is who would be same that Judas would be the betrayer. God has decided all these things.

Oh I'm directly responsible all right. If I was sinless I could say it wasn't my fault, but unfortunately I cannot say that.

John 10:14 "I am the good shepherd, and I know My own and My own know Me, 15 even as the Father knows Me and I know the Father ; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 "I have other sheep, which are not of this fold ; I must bring them also, and they will hear My voice ; and they will become one flock with one shepherd. 17 "For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life so that I may take it again. 18 "No one has taken it away from Me, but I lay it down on My own initiative. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This commandment I received from My Father."

ewq1938

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 11:28:06 pm »
Oh I'm directly responsible all right. If I was sinless I could say it wasn't my fault, but unfortunately I cannot say that.

The obvious flaw in that logic is that even if you lived a sinless life, Jesus still would have died and the bible would still say the Jews planned it and the bible would still show that the whole thing was meant to be from the beginning.

Fat

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 11:53:16 pm »
The obvious flaw in that logic is that even if you lived a sinless life, Jesus still would have died and the bible would still say the Jews planned it and the bible would still show that the whole thing was meant to be from the beginning.

Remember when Peter tried to stop Christ's from going to his crucifixion and Christ call him Satan? If I would've lived a sinless life there would've been no reason for Christ to have to go to the cross. If I could've lived a sinless life then I would've been saved by the law.
There is no man righteous and all have come short of the glory of God.

ewq1938

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 12:02:57 am »
Remember when Peter tried to stop Christ's from going to his crucifixion and Christ call him Satan? If I would've lived a sinless life there would've been no reason for Christ to have to go to the cross.

Of course there would have been. There are others besides yourself.

The subject of this thread is a question:

God gives the answer in scripture:

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 

Fat

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 12:18:29 am »
Of course there would have been. There are others besides yourself.

The subject of this thread is a question:

God gives the answer in scripture:

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

You don't seem to understand, if the law could work there would be no need for God to send his son to die for us. Of course there would always be some that have sinned and those would receive justice. Unfortunately there is no salvation in the law and there is no man that is ever obeyed the law except one our Lord and Savior.

As you say God gives the answer in scripture.

Hebrews 6:6 NAS
and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

ewq1938

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 12:21:26 am »
As you say God gives the answer in scripture.

Hebrews 6:6 NAS
and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.

Certainly isn't found in that scripture.

Fat

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2012, 12:26:08 am »
Certainly isn't found in that scripture.

Well I'll tell your partner, if you believe that the Jews are responsible and your free from any responsibility have at it.