Author Topic: Does anyone really understand what is coming and preparing for it?  (Read 5286 times)

freeman4

I was just curious, is there anyone who really understands what is coming and are you preparing for it? What are you doing if you are.

freeman4

Re: Does anyone really understand what is coming and preparing for it?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 08:00:12 am »
This is a good question and deserves an answer, but the answer that one gives may not be the answer to ones liking.

I know that there are individuals who say that God will take care of everything for us when things really begin to happen, but is that what He said.

There are events coming that many are not prepared for and that includes many Christians. We are warned all through scripture about these things.

Many Denominational Church Minister seem to understand about the coming destruction of America but they don't really know why it will happen. According to the Bible America will experience catastrophic events and that they will happen in our life time. Yes, many do believe that we who live in the United States will experience very troubled times, but they do not understand why.

It is better to be safe than sorry. If we had a disaster over night and all store were shut down, no one could get food, how long will they last? How many have seen a little stomach swell up because of nothing to eat.

It just might pay one to stock up on at least some dried beans and rice and anything else that may no spoil for a short period of time.

What if one believes in the Rapture and it does not occur, then what. One needs some kink of preparation for them and their family. You may get hungry at that time.

Fat

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 08:04:56 am »
I was just curious, is there anyone who really understands what is coming and are you preparing for it? What are you doing if you are.

If you are one of Christ people then you are not really concerned with what is coming for the earth. John 17, we are not of this world only in this world. What did Paul say about meeting Christ in the clouds?

Fat

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 08:08:30 am »
This is a good question and deserves an answer, but the answer that one gives may not be the answer to ones liking.

I know that there are individuals who say that God will take care of everything for us when things really begin to happen, but is that what He said.

There are events coming that many are not prepared for and that includes many Christians. We are warned all through scripture about these things.

Many Denominational Church Minister seem to understand about the coming destruction of America but they don't really know why it will happen. According to the Bible America will experience catastrophic events and that they will happen in our life time. Yes, many do believe that we who live in the United States will experience very troubled times, but they do not understand why.

It is better to be safe than sorry. If we had a disaster over night and all store were shut down, no one could get food, how long will they last? How many have seen a little stomach swell up because of nothing to eat.

It just might pay one to stock up on at least some dried beans and rice and anything else that may no spoil for a short period of time.

What if one believes in the Rapture and it does not occur, then what. One needs some kink of preparation for them and their family. You may get hungry at that time.

You either believe what the Scriptures say or you don't, it's called faith.

Hal

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 10:55:15 am »

Wholeee gee hog!

freeman4

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 12:55:28 pm »
When one is saved are they suppose to shut their Bible and never read it again or are they just to re assure themselves that they are saved and they do not have to worry about anything. Is that what Jesus said, have a party and I will take care of everything.

What about Prophecy after Prophecy that states that destruction is coming and be prepared for it?

Hsa 4:9

And it will be: Like people, like priests. I will punish both of them for their ways and repay them for their deeds.

Luk 21:26

"men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken

Joel 2:1-2 - "For the day of the Lord comes, for it is nigh at hand: a day of darkness and gloominess, there has not ever been the like: neither shall be any more after it, even the years of many generations."

There are many scriptures that point to a time like we now live and there will be those who will be caught in a trap because of not watching.

Fat

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 03:55:56 pm »
When one is saved are they suppose to shut their Bible and never read it again or are they just to re assure themselves that they are saved and they do not have to worry about anything. Is that what Jesus said, have a party and I will take care of everything.

When one is saved you drawn closer to the Lord and closer into Scripture. When one is saved you trust in the Lord and you trust in God's word.

What about Prophecy after Prophecy that states that destruction is coming and be prepared for it?

Hsa 4:9

And it will be: Like people, like priests. I will punish both of them for their ways and repay them for their deeds.

Luk 21:26

"men's hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken

Joel 2:1-2 - "For the day of the Lord comes, for it is nigh at hand: a day of darkness and gloominess, there has not ever been the like: neither shall be any more after it, even the years of many generations."

There are many scriptures that point to a time like we now live and there will be those who will be caught in a trap because of not watching.

Let's see what your quoted verses really say.

Hosea 4:4 Yet let no one find fault, and let none offer reproof ; For your people are like those who contend with the priest. 5 So you will stumble by day, And the prophet also will stumble with you by night ; And I will destroy your mother. 6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being My priest. Since you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children. 7 The more they multiplied, the more they sinned against Me; I will change their glory into shame. 8 They feed on the sin of My people And direct their desire toward their iniquity. 9 And it will be, like people, like priest ; So I will punish them for their ways And repay them for their deeds. 10 They will eat, but not have enough ; They will play the harlot, but not increase, Because they have stopped giving heed to the LORD.

Luke 21:25 "There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, 26 men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world ; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 "Then they will see THE SON OF MAN COMING IN A CLOUD with power and great glory. 28 "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

Joel 2:18 Then the LORD will be zealous for His land And will have pity on His people. 19 The LORD will answer and say to His people, "Behold, I am going to send you grain, new wine and oil, And you will be satisfied in full with them; And I will never again make you a reproach among the nations. 20 "But I will remove the northern army far from you, And I will drive it into a parched and desolate land, And its vanguard into the eastern sea, And its rear guard into the western sea. And its stench will arise and its foul smell will come up, For it has done great things." 21 Do not fear, O land, rejoice and be glad, For the LORD has done great things.

Freeman4

When the Lord sent his disciples out into the land to preach the gospel He ordered them not to bring any food are extra clothing.  Christ wanted His disciples to learn to depend on him for all things. Apparently there are people who feel that they cannot depend on God for what they need and turn instead to themselves believing that they are more capable of supplying their own needs than depending on God.

Moss

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 04:41:49 pm »
You might also want to consider why God would not allow the Jewish people to collect more than one days worth of manna when they were in the desert. It was because He wanted them to become completely dependent on his gift, a gift of salvation, a gift of life.

Moss

freeman4

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 12:51:29 pm »
Every one is a free moral agent and will do what they feel will be necessary for them. Jesus Christ was the God of the Old testament, He gave Moses the 10 commandments, wrestled with Jacob, talked to Adam and Eve and gave many warnings about our time.

I am so sorry if one can not understand that.

Fat

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 01:45:07 pm »
Every one is a free moral agent and will do what they feel will be necessary for them.

Free moral agent :o
I've never heard a Christian say anything close to that. I think I'll give that a name, call it a Romans 1 Christian.

19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures. 24 Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. 25 For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26 For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions ; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural , 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil ; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice ; they are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 without understanding, untrustworthy, unloving, unmerciful ; 32 and although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them.

Jesus Christ was the God of the Old testament, He gave Moses the 10 commandments, wrestled with Jacob, talked to Adam and Eve and gave many warnings about our time.

I am so sorry if one can not understand that.

I understand that the Scriptues are one testament to Christ. 2 tim 3:15 and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness.

So tell, me using your moral standards (Being a free moral agent) what exactly are you going to do when your neighbor comes to you and ask for food in these hard times to come?

freeman4

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 04:24:24 am »
Only a very select few will know where we will be located because of what we know is coming.
 No, I do not adhere to the rapture, but a place of a place of protection which God gives us knowledge through Scripture to prepare for what is coming.

And when I say free moral agent I mean it is our choice if we choose Christ or the way of this world. He said that he gives us a choice and that is Life, eternal life or eternal death. He hoped we would chose Life. It is our choice once we see His way.

Fat

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 11:21:40 am »
Only a very select few will know where we will be located because of what we know is coming.
 No, I do not adhere to the rapture, but a place of a place of protection which God gives us knowledge through Scripture to prepare for what is coming.

And when I say free moral agent I mean it is our choice if we choose Christ or the way of this world. He said that he gives us a choice and that is Life, eternal life or eternal death. He hoped we would chose Life. It is our choice once we see His way.

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance , being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

For whom he did foreknow , he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Moreover whom he did predestinate , them he also called : and whom he called , them he also justified : and whom he justified , them he also glorified .

Fat

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 11:23:53 am »

You going to make a movie?

freeman4

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2013, 08:14:44 am »
I can truly state that what id now happening in the Middle East will lead to WW 111 and will be like nothing you have ever seen in your life time. If one wants to believe it or not is their choice and when it does happen and they are still here, no rapture, what then? See how far God will protect those at that time. Open your eyes and see what is happening.

Fat

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2013, 08:29:54 am »
I can truly state that what id now happening in the Middle East will lead to WW 111 and will be like nothing you have ever seen in your life time. If one wants to believe it or not is their choice and when it does happen and they are still here, no rapture, what then? See how far God will protect those at that time. Open your eyes and see what is happening.

Jerusalem has not yet come under complete possession of the Jews.
WW3, the same was said about WW2. The fall of America is happening without a war, from within it is decaying.

Are you afraid of death?